Friday, October 31, 2008

For the Love of RUMI


“You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?” - Rumi

“Every tree and plant in the meadow seemed to be dancing, those which average eyes would see as fixed and still” - Rumi

“All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” - Rumi

“I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?” - Rumi

“Why do you stay in prison
when the door is so wide open?

Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.
Live in silence.” - Rumi

“Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.” - Rumi

If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished? - Rumi

“Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” - Rumi

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. - Rumi

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.” - Rumi

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.” - Rumi




No comments: